Do you love The Little Mermaid and the songs in it? Do you want to pretend to be a mermaid by practicing The Little Mermaid Quotes? Learn most of the interesting quotes said by your favorite character.
Have you ever pretended to be a mermaid? I bet you have! It’s almost impossible not to act like Ariel from The Little Mermaid when you’re frolicking in the waves, wanting to flip your hair and sing “Part of Your World.” So, why not take your love for this classic Disney film to the beach on your next vacation?
Your friends will surely appreciate the nostalgia when you sprinkle some Little Mermaid quotes into your beach selfies. Also, you could even recreate some of your favorite scenes from the movie while you’re at it!
Find some rocks to lounge on, just like Ariel, and imagine singing “Part Of Your World” while the waves crash behind you. You can also happily swim around and feel like “life is the bubbles, under the sea.” And if you’re lucky enough to have your very own Prince Eric by your side, make sure to snap a kissing selfie!
So next time you’re at the beach, channel your inner mermaid and have some fun with it. Who knows, you might even inspire others to join in on the Little Mermaid beach party!
Ariel is the protagonist of The Little Mermaid. She is a free-spirited mermaid with a love for adventure and a fascination with the human world. Also, Ariel is headstrong and determined.
Although her impulsive decisions always get her into trouble. She has always dreamed of leaving her underwater home to explore the world above. She eventually leaves underwater which leads her to fall in love with Prince Eric. Here are some of Ariel’s quotes to get started with:
1. “You want thingamabobs? I’ve got twenty.” – Ariel
2. “You’re not getting cold fins now, are you?” – Ariel
3. “What’s that word again?” – Ariel
4. “Wanderin’ free, wish I could be part of that world.” – Ariel
5. “You’re not getting cold fins now, are you?” – Ariel
6. “I’ve got gadgets and gizmos aplenty. I have whoozits and whatzis galore.” – Ariel
7. “Don’t be such a guppy.” – Ariel
8. “Look at this stuff. Isn’t it neat?” – Ariel
9. “Watch and you’ll see, someday I’ll be part of your world.” – Ariel
10. “I don’t see how a world that makes such wonderful things could be bad.” – Ariel
11. “I want to be where the people are.” – Ariel
Sebastian is a red Jamaican crab who serves as King Triton’s advisor and Ariel’s friend. Also, he is tasked with keeping an eye on Ariel.
In addition, his job is to ensure that Ariel does not venture into the human world. Sebastian is a musical talent who often sings songs that reflect the mood of the scene.
Also, he provides comic relief and is known for his signature song “Under the Sea.” Here are Sebastian’s quotes you can use:
12. “Geez, man. I’m surrounded by amateurs.” – Sebastian
13. “This has got to be, without a doubt, the single most humiliating day of my life.” – Sebastian
14. “Teenagers. They think they know everything. You give them an inch, they swim all over you.” – Sebastian
15. “The seaweed is always greener in somebody else’s lake.” – Sebastian
16. “Boy, what a soft shell I’m turning out to be.” – Sebastian
17. “The human world, it’s a mess.” – Sebastian
18. “You gotta bat your eyes, like this.” – Sebastian
19. “Will you get your head out of the clouds and back in the water where it belongs?” – Sebastian
20. “Down here all the fish is happy.” – Sebastian
21. “We got no troubles. Life is the bubbles, under the sea.” – Sebastian
Ursula is the major antagonist of The Little Mermaid. Interestingly, she is a villainous sea witch who seeks to gain power and control over the underwater kingdom. Also, Ursula is conniving and manipulative.
She tricked Ariel into giving up her voice in exchange for legs so she can pursue Prince Eric. In addition, she is a formidable foe who uses her dark magic to achieve her goals. If you want to act like Ursula, here are some of her creepy quotes:
22. “Well, it’s time Ursula took matters into her own tentacles!” – Ursula
23. “Babies! My poor little poopsies.” – Ursula
24. “Don’t underestimate the importance of body language.” – Ursula
25. “Now I am the ruler of all the ocean!” – Ursula
26. “So long, lover boy!” – Ursula
27. “The waves obey my every whim!” – Ursula
28. “So much for true love!” – Ursula
29. “We mustn’t lurk in doorways. It’s rude.” – Ursula
30. “You can’t get something for nothing, you know.” – Ursula
31. “No more talking, singing. Zip!” – Ursula
32. “Poor unfortunate souls!” – Ursula
Scuttle is a seagull who befriends Ariel and provides her with information about the human world. Also, he is a comical character who often misunderstands human objects and their purposes.
Scuttle is well-meaning but frequently provides Ariel with inaccurate information. Sometimes his information leads to humorous misunderstandings. Here are some of Scuttle’s quotes to play with:
33. “Now, the snarfblatt dates back to prehistorical times, when humans used to sit around and stare at each other all day.” – Scuttle
34. “Ya look great, kid. Ya look sensational.” – Scuttle
35. “Have I ever been wrong? I mean, when it’s important!” – Scuttle
36. “It’s a dinglehopper. Humans use these little babies to straighten their hair out.” – Scuttle
37. “I don’t know. He looks kind of hairy and slobbery to me.” – Scuttle
Flounder is Ariel’s loyal friend, a young fish who accompanies Ariel everywhere she goes. Also, he is timid and easily frightened but he has a strong loyalty to Ariel. In addition, Flounder is always willing to help his friend, even if it means putting himself in danger. Here are Flounder’s quotes you can say:
38. “I’m not a guppy.” – Flounder
39. “You’re not gonna tell him, are you?” – Flounder
40. “Okay. Yeah, you go. I’ll stay and—what? Sharks? Ariel!” – Flounder
Prince Eric is the human prince who falls in love with Ariel who is a mermaid. Also, he is a charming and handsome young man who is initially saved by Ariel after his ship sinks during a storm.
Interestingly, Eric is a kind-hearted and adventurous young man. Most times he shares Ariel’s love for exploring the world around him. Here are some of Prince Eric’s quotes:
41. “Have we met?” – Prince Eric
42. “Isn’t this great? The salty sea air, the wind blowing in your face. A perfect day to be at sea!” – Prince Eric
43. “Are you okay, miss?” – Prince Eric
44. “I’m sorry if this knucklehead scared you.” – Prince Eric
45. “You’re the one, the one I’ve been looking for.” – Prince Eric
46. “A girl, rescued me. She was singing. She had the most beautiful voice.” – Prince Eric
King Triton is Ariel’s father and the ruler and protector of the underwater kingdom. Also, he is a powerful merman with full control over the ocean and all its creatures.
King Triton is fiercely protective of his daughters and is initially opposed to Ariel’s fascination with the human world. However, he ultimately comes to understand and accept her desires. Here are some of King Triton’s quotes from The Little Mermaid:
47. “As long as you live under my ocean, you’ll obey my rules.” – King Triton
48. “I consider myself a reasonable merman.” – King Triton
Grimsby is Prince Eric’s loyal servant and confidante. Also, he is a dignified gentleman who cares deeply for Eric’s well-being. At first, Grimsby was initially skeptical of Eric’s interest in Ariel. Later he ultimately comes to accept their love and supports Eric in his pursuit of her. Here are Grimsby’s quotes from The Little Mermaid:
49. “Now, let’s eat before this crab wanders off my plate.” – Grimsby
50. “I think you’ve swallowed a bit too much seawater.” – Grimsby
If you are thinking of playing any of the roles of the characters from The Little Mermaid, you can pick any of the quotes above.